This is a compendium of ideas I have for projects. What are the important problems of the field? What important things are going on? What is the big picture?
“Instead of being the movers and shakers of the next millenium, … programmers have allowed themselves to be blue-collar slaves of the most idiotic adventure ever—yet another stupid way to waste gargantuan amounts of money on advertising, and for what? … Once we were Programmers. Maybe our last best hope is a movie.
—Erik Naggum, “Re: PART TWO: winning industrial-use of lisp: Re Norvig’s latest paper on Lisp”
Concrete Project Ideas
I’m stashing a list of project ideas here, along with notes for how they might be implemented, for sharing with the world.
- An idea for a Lisp-based DCOS
- A hypervisor for the modern age
- A content-addressable data store with object capabilities
- Lisp database system
- A publishing system for the Information Age
- Dropsonde: predicting the world
Research and Open-Ended Questions
- Inspiration—only useful if I actually do something as a result of this.